Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer
Skilled Legal Guidance for Auto Accident VictimsContact for a free consultation
We Are the Auto Accident Legal Firm of Choice
Every year, Fulton County records an average of 53,000 auto accidents. That’s more than 4,400 crashes monthly – over 147 per day. These auto accidents result in over 16,000 injuries, many of which could have been prevented if vehicle drivers and other road users were more careful.
Motor vehicle accidents are the number one cause of injury deaths, and the second-leading cause of visits to the ER and hospitalizations, in the State of Georgia. The cost of medical treatment for injuries brought on by motor vehicle crashes can be quite steep. For many, it can lead to financial devastation and significant debts that may take years to pay off.
It doesn’t have to be this way, though. With the help of an experienced Atlanta car accident lawyer, you may be able to pursue compensation and recover your losses. If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident in Atlanta, GA, you need all the help you can get.
Joseph Wilson Injury Lawyers is a highly regarded personal injury law firm in Atlanta that’s committed to helping injured victims get the compensation they deserve. Call us at 844-JOE-WINS to discuss your case with our skilled car accident lawyer serving Atlanta, Georgia.
Why You Should Speak to an Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer About Your Case
The pursuit of compensation is a crucial part of recovering your losses. You shouldn’t have to suffer because of someone else’s actions.
Now, although you have a right to pursue damages, it doesn’t mean that the at-fault driver’s insurance company will automatically grant your request. The insurance company will do everything in its power to fight your claim. And even if the insurance company sees that fighting your claim might be futile, the adjuster may try to pay you far less than you deserve.
You can either accept whatever the at-fault driver’s insurance company offers you or choose to fight for the compensation you deserve. If you choose the latter – which is a good call – then you’ll need the services of experienced Atlanta car accident attorney Joseph Wilson.
With Joseph Wilson Injury Lawyers on your side, you drastically level the playing field and improve your chances of securing the maximum settlement possible. The team at our Atlanta personal injury law firm will do the following:
1. Investigate the cause of your car accident and identify all liable parties
2. Fight for you when the at-fault driver’s insurance company attempts to blame you for the accident
3. Pursue maximum damages on your behalf so you can be made whole
4. Take care of your case while you focus on recuperating
5. Ensure that you get a fair and reasonable settlement
Once you start pursuing your claim, if you feel that the offer from the insurance company is insufficient, we can help file a personal injury lawsuit and take the case to trial. Joseph Wilson is an accomplished trial lawyer with extensive experience in successfully representing clients in court. If you want to win, he is the man to call.
Ready to file your personal injury claim? Get in touch with Joseph Wilson Injury Lawyers today. Call 844-JOE-WINS or fill out the contact form on this page for a free case evaluation.
Leading Causes of Car Accidents in Atlanta, GA
While auto accidents can happen anywhere in Atlanta, some roads and intersections are more prone to car crashes than others. For example, Memorial Drive and N Hairston Road.
Auto accidents in the city are no joke. In fact, between 2015 and 2019, Atlanta motor vehicle collisions led to between 52 and 81 deaths each year, which is 1 or more every week.
These numbers are even worse throughout the State of Georgia. Most of these fatalities could have been prevented if drivers and other road users were more careful on the road. Unfortunately, that’s often not the case.
Apart from more dangerous intersections and roadways, reports from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) indicate that other things can cause a car wreck in the city.
Common causes of car accidents include:
- Poor weather conditions – Atlanta’s weather conditions can cause debris buildup on the roads and a slick surface when it eventually rains.
- Drunk driving – Even though there are laws against drunk driving in the country, alcohol-impaired driving still kills over 10,000 individuals per year throughout the nation.
- Distracted driving – Various distracted driving activities, such as texting, claimed the lives of 2,841 people in 2018 alone.
- Excessive speeding – This claimed the lives of 9,378 people in 2018. The congestion on Atlanta’s main roads may be a blessing in disguise as it forces drivers to reduce their speed. However, when drivers get to the less-congested inner suburb routes, they tend to drive faster which can lead to collisions.
- Drug-impaired driving – Driving under the influence of opioids and illicit drugs like marijuana and other drugs that impair cognitive functions, motor skills, multitasking abilities, and lane tracking causes accidents. This is why it is illegal to get behind the wheel when you’ve recently ingested psychedelic drugs, regular medications, or opioids.
- Driving while drowsy – Drowsy driving contributed to about 91,000 auto accidents, 50,000 car wreck -related injuries, and over 790 fatalities in 2017. This is why people should not be behind the wheel or operating any heavy machinery if they’re sleep-deprived or drowsy.
In 2018, the State of Georgia ranked as the 14th-deadliest state because of its relatively high number of vehicle accident-related fatalities. Not much has changed since then.
When you’re on the road, you deserve to be safe. Therefore, if you have sustained injury or property damage in an auto accident in Atlanta, you deserve to be adequately compensated.
It’s best to get help filing your claim. Recovering compensation in car accident cases is a long, tedious, convoluted process that requires the insight and skill of an experienced car accident attorney.
If you need to recover fair compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, property damage, and pain and suffering, Joseph Wilson is the Atlanta auto accident attorney to talk to about your auto accident case.
Top Injuries Typically Sustained in Atlanta Car Accidents
Every day, there’s at least one accident involving a negligent driver. The careless actions of a negligent driver can lead to a terrible accident and typically result in one or more of the following injuries:
- Broken bones or fractures
- Sprains, torn ligaments, or damages muscle
- Nerve damage
- Internal injuries or internal organ damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Chest injuries
- Neck injuries
- Deep lacerations, bruises, or scrapes
- Spinal cord injuries
- Knee trauma
Some mild injuries typically resolve within hours or days. But the more serious injuries can take much longer to heal and often require prolonged medical treatment. Some injuries never heal completely, leading to partial or total disability.
If you want to recover compensation, a crucial part of the claims process is determining the severity of your injuries. Every case is different, so your case has to be approached with your unique situation or circumstances in mind.
In extreme cases, injuries sustained in car accidents can result in the death of injury victims. When this occurs, the relatives of the deceased may have the right to file a wrongful death suit and collect certain damages.
If you’d like to discuss your legal options, our in-house lawyer can help. Feel free to get in touch with our highly effective legal team by calling 844-JOE-WINS. You can also fill out the contact form on this page, and we’ll get back to you.
Factors Influencing the Amount of Compensation You Can Receive in an Atlanta Car Accident Case
One of the most common questions that Atlanta car accident lawyers get from personal injury victims is how much they can get from the at-fault drivers’ insurance companies. Well, here’s the answer: it depends.
In Georgia, there are many factors to consider in a car accident case before your lawyer can settle on an amount. Some of these factors include:
- Amount of car insurance – All car insurance is limited, so your damages may be restricted by the policy, whether being yours or the at-fault driver’s
- Severity of injury – Were the injuries mild? Were your symptoms delayed? How badly hurt were you?
- Cause of the accident – Each accident is unique, and negligence may or may not be a factor in your case
- Share of blame – For instance, if you were the victim of a rear-end collision, there will be questions like, “Were you brake-checking when you shouldn’t have?” Or, “Did you run a red light?”
- Actions you took after the accident – Did you report the incident? Did you seek medical attention immediately? Did you collect crucial evidence at the scene of the accident?
- Present and future medical expenses – It’s not enough to recover damages for your current medical bills, you also have to consider any future medical expenses that may arise
- Speaking to the insurance adjuster – Hint: It’s never a good idea to engage with insurance companies without speaking to a lawyer first
- Lost wages – How much you’ve lost in income because of the accident, the possibility of a job change, and possible disabilities arising from your injuries
- State of the at-fault driver – At the time of the accident, was the driver drunk, high, under the influence of something, or clear-minded?
- Leaving the scene of the accident – According to Georgia state law, drivers are required to exchange information at the scene of an accident that has caused personal injury or property damage, or else the accident may be considered a hit-and-run
Before we can come up with a specific number, there may be additional factors to consider as well. If you’d like to discuss your case with a knowledgeable auto accident lawyer in Atlanta, Georgia, contact the law office of Joseph Wilson Injury Lawyers.
What Compensation or Damages Can You Pursue in an Atlanta, Georgia Car Accident Claim?
In Georgia, every car accident claim has a time limit during which injured victims must file their claims. This is 2 years from the date of the accident that caused the injury.
If you intend to file a lawsuit to recover losses accrued from your vehicle’s damage during the accident, you have up to 4 years to bring the action. However, people who have lost a loved one should file for damages within 2 years of the person’s death.
There are a number of damages that you may be able to file against the at-fault driver or their insurance provider. These include:
- Economic damages – Examples of economic damages include lost wages, medical bills (past, present, and future), property damage, loss of benefits, and loss of earning capacity
- Non-economic damages – This covers intangible damages like pain and suffering, loss of consortium, PTSD, anxiety, stress, and emotional distress
- Punitive damages – Also known as exemplary damages, these are meant to punish the at-fault driver for malicious or dangerous actions on the road and serve as a warning to other intending careless drivers
It’s rare to pursue all three, but it does happen. Your compensation amount also depends on Georgia’s modified comparative fault law. This system considers your actions or inactions, as well as your degree of fault, before awarding your compensation.
Therefore, the at-fault driver, his or her insurance provider, or the court may check to see if you played a role in the accident. If you are found to be partially responsible for the collision, your total settlement may be reduced.
No matter the specifics of your case, skilled Atlanta car accident attorneys like Joseph Wilson know the best damages to pursue in every car accident case.
If you’d like to learn what you may seek for your vehicle accident case, contact Joseph Wilson Injury Lawyers today. Call 844-JOE-WINS or fill out the contact form on this page to schedule a free consultation.
Hire a Respected Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer
The best way to secure maximum compensation for your car accident-related injuries is to hire an accomplished car accident lawyer to represent you. Joseph Wilson is a well-respected trial attorney in Atlanta who has helped injured victims of car accidents recover fair and adequate compensation for their pain and suffering.
At Joseph Wilson Injury Lawyers, our compassionate legal team values the attorney-client relationship we will build with you. We, therefore, prioritize clear communication with you and winning on your behalf. By helping many past clients secure maximum payouts, we prove that we genuinely care and are honored to help injured victims.
If what you want is an experienced Atlanta auto accident lawyer who is willing to represent your interests, fight for you, and win your case, Joseph Wilson is the attorney to talk to. Contact us today to discuss your options. Call 844-JOE-WINS or click here to fill out the contact form and get started.
Call us on (844) 563-9467.