Atlanta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Talented Representation for Motorcycle Accident VictimsContact for a free consultation
When involved in a motorcycle accident, the physical and emotional effects can last for a few short weeks, or in more severe cases, a couple of years or longer. These effects may not only affect you but could cause some strain on your spouse or other family members. When you have fallen victim to someone else’s negligence, you have the right to fight for the compensation you deserve in the State of Georgia.
The Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyers at Joseph Wilson Injury Lawyers can provide you with legal help and fight for compensation on your behalf. Joseph Wilson fights hard for his clients. Contact him today at 844-JOE-WINS or fill out the contact form below.
Types of Motorcycle Accidents in Atlanta, GA
There are three common motorcycle accidents in Georgia. These include open-door accidents, rear-end collisions, and single-bike accidents.
- Open-door accidents occur when a motor vehicle is parked on the side of the road. The car driver must look for oncoming traffic before opening the door. In the case you open the door in the path of a motorcyclist, the rider may be unable to stop suddenly and could collide with your car door.
- Rear-end collisions are extremely dangerous for motorcycle riders. When a motor vehicle rear-ends a motorcycle, the rider can be thrown from the bike. Being thrown from a bike with minimal protection can cause traumatic brain injuries, road rash, and/or broken bones. All motorists must keep a safe distance between their vehicles and others on the roadways.
- Left-turn collisions are common causes of a motorcycle crash. In most cases, when a vehicle driver makes a left turn, the driver should yield to oncoming traffic but may continue to turn. There are situations where the bike was in a blind spot, or the motor vehicle driver was unable to yield before turning. If so, the case could be one of negligence. Suppose the motorcyclist is unable to stop in time, and the motorcycle crashes into the vehicle. In that case, the motorcyclist may be seriously injured.
- Hit-and-run accidents are common with scooters, bicycles, and motorcycles. Perhaps the driver who crashed into the motorcycle rider is aware that the resulting injuries are serious, so he or she flees the scene to avoid trouble. Or car drivers who collide with a rider believe that the injured party will not pursue them. These are just a couple of scenarios that can lead to a hit-and-run accident.
Being involved in a motorcycle accident can cause severe motorcycle injuries, some being life-threatening or lasting for many months or years. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident through no fault of your own, you should speak to a lawyer about pursuing compensation.
Do not waste any time contacting a respected Atlanta motorcycle accident attorney such as Joseph Wilson at 844-JOE-WINS. Contact us today for a free case evaluation.
Compensation For Motorcycle Accidents in Atlanta, Georgia
Even though Georgia motorcyclists usually wear protective headgear and clothes, careful riders are still prone to many motorcycle accident injuries. Unlike driving or riding in a car, motorcyclists do not have an enclosed space for protection and airbags for impact. In accidents with other vehicles, the motorcyclist has less protection than the automobile driver, which may mean that the rider sustains more serious injuries.
When involved in a motorcycle accident due to someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for injuries and damages. In this case, it is best to work with a trusted law firm with Atlanta motorcycle accident attorneys who will fight for you because they care. Joseph Wilson Injury Lawyers is one such firm with testimonials that back up our fine reputation.
What can you expect to get from a motorcycle accident compensation claim? Below are some common types of compensation.
Economic damages are meant to reimburse for any medical bills you incurred because of your personal injury. These may include loss of wages because you could not return to work. To receive compensation for lost wages, your personal injury lawyer will collect all medical expenses and records, including salary and employment records, if needed.
After an accident, financial loss is common. Because of your physical injuries, you may experience substantial damages. In the case you have lost a limb, disfigured, or went into a coma because of someone’s negligence, you may seek non-economic compensation.
Non-economic damages are not always easy to calculate. Thus, you will need to work closely with a reliable and trusted Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyer such as Joseph Wilson.
If the accident were to cause you harm, or if the other individual’s negligence caused life-changing injuries or lifelong impairment, you may seek punitive damages. This is meant to punish the at-fault party.
In such a case, not only will you need a highly trusted and trained lawyer to go to court for you, but he or she must have the resources to collect evidence from the accident scene on your behalf. The required evidence can help establish negligence and malicious intent.
When injured in a motorcycle accident, you can file for one or several accident claims, depending on the severity of your injuries and suffering. It is important to keep in mind that filing for personal injury compensation and property damage must be done by a specific deadline. When hiring a motorcycle accident attorney, be sure the lawyer understands the Atlanta, GA, laws and deadlines.
If you or a loved one needs a motorcycle accident injury attorney to stand up for you and help you fight for compensation, contact Joseph Wilson Injury Lawyers today. When we take on your case, our team will fight for your personal injury rights and will not stop until you receive the right amount of compensation. Our team understands the Georgia motorcycle law, and we can help you file a lawsuit today.
Reasons For a Denied Motorcycle Injury Claim in Georgia
Typically, when you file an accident claim with an insurance company, most companies are quick to respond with a denial letter. For insurance companies, paying out as little as possible is most desirable.
The company may require the claimant to appeal the decision. The claim may be denied for many reasons, including but not limited to the following:
- The driver was not insured under the policy
- The insurance believes you were at-fault for the accident
- The insurance company does not believe the accident is what caused your injuries
- The insurance company does not believe you were injured
- The insurance policy had lapsed or was canceled
Atlanta motorcycle accident attorney Joseph Wilson can help you through the process of filing your claim. He can speak with the insurance adjuster on your behalf to negotiate the current settlement. If the adjuster refuses to settle on a fair amount, our law firm can then file a lawsuit on your behalf.
Do not settle with the insurance companies too soon. Instead, seek help from an experienced motorcycle accident attorney who can maximize your compensation. Contact Joseph Wilson today at 844-JOE-WINS or fill out the contact form below to schedule a free consultation.
Get an Experienced Atlanta Motorcycle Accident Lawyer On Your Side
A motorcycle accident can change a life. The survivors are likely to find themselves needing extended medical care and therapy. But you have rights as a motorcycle accident victim and should be informed of what compensation you may be entitled to.
After a serious wrongful death accident, contact the Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyers with Joseph Wilson. Joseph Wilson has years of experience and knowledge to help accident victims secure compensation for their injuries, property damage, and medical treatment. Our results speak for themselves.
You can also get the results you need. Contact the Joseph Wilson Injury Lawyers team today at 844-JOE-WINS, or contact us online for a free case review by filling out the form below.