Atlanta Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Talented Representation for Pedestrian VictimsContact for a free consultation
For every pedestrian who loses his or her life in a car accident in Atlanta, there are many others who sustain varying degrees of injuries. Unfortunately, most pedestrian accidents could have been prevented or avoided.
Dealing with the aftermath of an accident is difficult for anyone to go through, but it is possible to get compensation if a pedestrian is hit by a negligent or careless road user. To do that, though, you will need the help of an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer in Atlanta, GA.
Joseph Wilson Injury Lawyers is the law firm to speak to if you are seeking maximum benefits. Contact us today at 844-JOE-WINS, or fill out our contact form, to set up a free consultation.
Why You Should Talk to a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Atlanta, GA
Pedestrians in the Metro Atlanta area need to be particularly careful, with a high percentage of the pedestrian deaths recorded in the state occur here. What’s more, pedestrian accidents prove to be tricky cases since people tend to contest the victims’ claims. This is even more so when the injured victim is asking for a substantial amount of money as compensation.
When you hire a Georgia law firm to help with your pedestrian accident case, your Atlanta pedestrian accident lawyer will do everything possible to help you win compensation.
At Joseph Wilson Injury Lawyers, we are known for our thorough and meticulous approach to each pedestrian accident case. As a Georgia pedestrian accident law firm that cares, we will investigate your accident thoroughly.
We can look for the cause of the accident, determine who was at fault, file your compensation claim with the right insurance company, and work hard to get you the money you need to take care of your medical expenses and other associated costs brought on by the injury you sustained.
When you’re battling serious injuries, your focus should be on your recovery; not on finding the money necessary to pay your medical bills. Worry will not help your condition. Rather, you can let our pedestrian accident attorney in Atlanta, GA, handle your legal concerns on your behalf while you focus on recuperating and getting well.
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident in Atlanta, GA, Joseph Wilson Injury Lawyers can help you. We are familiar with the personal injury laws in the State of Georgia and can help you recover the compensation you need to pay your medical bills and get your life back on track.
Causes of Pedestrian Accidents in Atlanta, GA
Before we file your compensation claim, we will need to find out what caused your accident in the first place. For example, if you were hit by a car or any other motor vehicle, we will work to determine what the at-fault driver was doing when he or she hit you.
Once we determine how you came to be hit by a car or another motor vehicle, we will then prepare your personal injury claim or file a lawsuit if necessary.
Some of the more common causes of pedestrian accidents in Atlanta, GA, include:
- Distracted driving – In 2018, distracted driving killed over 2,800 people and inflicted personal injuries on over 400,000 victims nationwide. Roughly 400 pedestrians were among those who were killed.
- Distracted pedestrian – Pedestrians who fail to pay attention while walking on the road or crossing the street are more likely to get hit by a car or other vehicles. This is why all pedestrians must be fully aware of their surrounding environments while walking in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Failure to wear reflective or bright clothing at night – Walking at night with dark-colored clothing is dangerous and can prevent the driver of other motor vehicles from seeing the pedestrian on time. Drivers are better able to see people who wear bright colored clothes than dark-colored clothing.
- Drivers failing to yield – Even though pedestrians may assume that they always have right of way when using a crosswalk, there are instances when pedestrians do not have right of way and should yield to cars. A driver should also yield to pedestrians at known crosswalks. Drivers who do not pay attention at crosswalks are likely to hit a pedestrian, resulting in personal injury.
- The presence of unmarked crosswalks – Unmarked crosswalks are dangerous because drivers wouldn’t be expecting anyone to cross the road at that point. If they are traveling at relatively high speeds, they could run pedestrians over.
- Excessive speed – All motor vehicle drivers are expected to adhere to posted speed limits. Whenever these drivers go over those speed limits and hit someone, the victim’s injuries may be severe.
- Quiet vehicles – Most eco-friendly, electric, or hybrid vehicles tend to be very quiet. This makes it hard for distracted pedestrians or even anyone paying attention to hear the vehicles approaching.
- Reckless driving – Tailgating, street racing, and other forms of careless driving can lead to tragedies for innocent pedestrians.
- Driving under the influence – Drunk driving accounted for 3,699 fatalities between 2003 and 2012 in Georgia. According to state law, driving under the influence of alcohol, illicit drugs, opioids, or medications is a potentially jailable offense. This makes sense because being under the influence of any substance affects your ability to make good judgments and drive with a clear head.
These are just some of the common causes of pedestrian accidents in Atlanta, Georgia. Skilled Atlanta pedestrian accident lawyers like Joseph Wilson can identify much more. If you are a victim of a pedestrian accident in Georgia and need help from highly experienced pedestrian accident lawyers, get in touch with Joseph Wilson Injury Lawyers today.
Common Injuries Sustained in Pedestrian Accidents in Atlanta, GA
Accidents involving pedestrians are often serious, especially since the average pedestrian has little to no buffer between themselves and the other motor vehicle. Therefore, when there is contact between the pedestrian and the other car, the pedestrian’s body usually absorbs most of the blow.
This leads to pretty severe injuries such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Bruises, sprains, deep cuts, or torn muscle
- Internal injuries causing internal bleeding
- Ruptured or damaged internal organs
These are some of the injuries that a pedestrian can sustain in a car accident or an accident with other motor vehicles. If you or your loved one has suffered any sort of serious personal injury as a pedestrian, you need the help of an experienced personal injury attorney to file a personal injury claim.
If your loved one died because of their injuries, you can also bring a wrongful death action against the errant driver or road user.
Joseph Wilson Injury Lawyers is an Atlanta-based personal injury law firm run by accomplished personal injury lawyer Joseph Wilson. We have successfully handled personal injury cases caused by pedestrian accidents, recovering maximum compensation for our clients from insurance companies and liable parties. The recovered damages were used by the injured clients to settle medical expenses, replace lost wages, and take care of themselves.
If you would like to successfully file a claim with the errant driver’s insurance company and collect your maximum compensation, Joseph Wilson is the pedestrian accident attorney to call. Contact us today at 844-JOE-WINS to discuss your case for free.
Factors Influencing Your Compensation Amount
Your compensation is often dependent on a number of factors. Insurance companies will not just pay anyone just because the person claimed that a driver who took out an insurance policy hurt you in a pedestrian accident.
The insurance company will investigate your claims to make sure that their client, the driver, actually hit you. Even after the claim has been proven, there are still other factors that will determine how much insurance companies will pay you.
Some of these factors include:
- Whether the driver was at fault
- The driver’s insurance coverage and limits
- The pedestrian’s role in the accident
- Lost wages due to time spent recovering
- The severity of the pedestrian’s injuries
- Possible future loss of income due to injuries
- Temporary or permanent disabilities
These are some of the factors that can determine your final amount of compensation. While you may want us to give you an idea, the reality is we can’t do that until we’ve looked at your case.
An injured pedestrian may think that he or she can handle the insurance company. However, in reality, insurance companies are known for their penchant to offer you far less than you deserve.
Rather than settling for less than what you deserve, speak to a pedestrian accident lawyer who understands the complexities of your case. You will get a more accurate estimate from a law firm than from an insurance company.
Why Hire an Accomplished Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Atlanta, Georgia
Joseph Wilson Injury Lawyers is a well-respected law firm serving residents of Atlanta and the Metro Atlanta area. Our primary lawyer, Joseph Wilson, is an accomplished trial attorney who has extensive experience handling Atlanta pedestrian accident cases.
We make sure that each injured client gets all the damages that he or she deserves. We do this by filing for all the damages that injured pedestrians qualify for. This includes economic damages to cover medical expenses, wage loss, and loss of future income.
We can also seek non-economic damages like pain and suffering on your behalf, if appropriate in your case. One way or another, we strive to get you the maximum amount possible from the driver or his insurance provider so your accident-related expenses will be covered.
If we take on your hit-and-run accident case, we will investigate your case and do our best to find the driver and hold that driver responsible for your injuries. We can gather together evidence to make this possible, with the help of the traffic cameras and video phones so abundant today.
Joseph Wilson Injury Lawyers is a trusted law firm run by a highly professional legal team. When we take on your case, it will be handled by Joseph Wilson who cares about each client he serves. We are honored to help victims and will fight for you until we win you a fair settlement.
No case is too small, big, or complex for us. Our commitment to clients is our motivation to win you maximum compensation.
Get in touch with our law firm today if you want a lawyer that’s committed to helping you recover the best settlement amount possible. Call 844-JOE-WINS or fill out our contact form to begin your case evaluation.